AI/ML Summer Intern (Remote)
Digital Diagnostics is looking for an AI/ML Summer Intern to advance our diagnostic products and algorithm development capabilities.
About Digital Diagnostics:
At Digital Diagnostics, we’re on a mission to transform the quality, accessibility, and affordability of global healthcare through the automation of medical diagnosis and treatment.
Our flagship product – IDx-DR – is an artificial intelligence algorithm where the computer, not the physician, performs the diagnosis. Built on a series of patented machine learning algorithms, our FDA cleared software platform detects early signs of diabetic retinopathy, a debilitating eye disease that impacts 30+ million people with diabetes in the US.
We are using everything we’ve learned from IDx-DR to expand our AI platform across different therapeutic areas like skin cancer. To deliver on our mission, we need to expand our team of highly skilled and motivated team members to help us change healthcare for the better!
Who We Are:
Working for Digital Diagnostics in the R&D team offers you the opportunity to:
- Work with world-renowned computer scientists and clinicians to create AI diagnostics that can improve the quality and accessibility of healthcare for millions of people.
- Tackle complex projects for audiences that include the FDA, world-leading healthcare providers, and leading industry partners.
- Get a front-row seat in what it takes to be the market leader in FDA-cleared AI diagnostics.
Who You Are:
If you’re someone who:
- Enjoys applying your AI/ML skills to new and challenging problems
- Works well independently but likes to brainstorm with and bounce ideas off of collaborators
- Wants a peek behind the scenes of AI/ML development at a leading digital health company
- Is interested in working with and learning from the AI/ML team that built the first FDA-cleared AI diagnostic
Then apply to be our next AI/ML Summer Intern!
At DXS AI/ML interns work closely with the machine learning and AI team to prototype new algorithms for incorporation into our existing products and translate the latest machine learning research for application with real world medical data onto concrete applications.
Qualifications (aka what we’ll ask you about in your interview):
- A track record of learning new technologies and tools
- Pursuing or completed a degree in computer science, AI, or a related field
- Familiarity with deep learning platform(s) (e.g. PyTorch, MXNet, TensorFlow)
- Python programming experience
Feeling over or underqualified but still think we’re cool? Have a specialty that doesn’t quite line up with this posting? We are recruiting at a number of levels for all sorts of specialties: Check out our career page at https://dxs.ai/about/careers/current-openings/
Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor an immigration case for employment at this time (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration cases).