R&D Manager (Chicago, IL or Coralville, IA)
Digital Diagnostics is looking for a R&D Manager to scope, organize, and execute cross functional pre-market initiatives that support AI diagnostic product enhancements and research collaborations.
About Digital Diagnostics:
At Digital Diagnostics, we’re on a mission to transform the quality, accessibility, and affordability of global healthcare through the automation of medical diagnosis and treatment.
Our flagship product – IDx-DR – is an artificial intelligence algorithm where the computer, not the physician, performs the diagnosis. Built on a series of patented machine learning algorithms, our FDA cleared software platform detects early signs of diabetic retinopathy, a debilitating eye disease that impacts 30+ million people with diabetes in the US.
We are using everything we’ve learned from IDx-DR to expand our AI platform across different therapeutic areas like skin cancer. To deliver on our mission, we need to expand our team of highly skilled and motivated team members to help us change healthcare for the better!
Who We Are:
Working for Digital Diagnostics in the R&D team offers you the opportunity to:
- Work with world-renowned computer scientists and clinicians to create AI diagnostics that can improve the quality and accessibility of healthcare for millions of people.
- Tackle complex projects for audiences that include the FDA, world-leading healthcare providers, and leading industry partners.
- Get a front row seat in what it takes to be the market leader in FDA-cleared AI diagnostics.
Who You Are:
If you’re someone who:
- Has your team’s back and is willing to jump into any problem
- Can take on ambiguous tasks and translate them into concrete deliverables and processes
- Enjoys a new challenge like managing complex, regulated initiatives at a fast-moving startup
- Has experience managing technology development
- Wants to work in the Chicago, IL or Coralville, IA area when the world opens back up
- Is interested in working with the R&D team that built the first FDA cleared AI diagnostic
Then apply to be our next R&D Manager!
The R&D Manager is a project manager who helps our team take an idea from concept through market entry with maximal efficiency. The R&D Manager reports to the Director of Development and facilitates activities across the pre-market company functions, including algorithm development, data sourcing, clinical studies, research collaborations, and product engineering. You can expect to be organizing development tasks behind our pipeline AI diagnostics one moment and chatting with a partner about post-market studies the next. After mastering Digital Diagnostics R&D project management, the right candidate will have the opportunity to grow into a program management role, creating best practices, and leading cross functional pre-market initiatives.
Qualifications (aka what we’ll ask you about in your interview):
- Good communication skills and an ability to “translate” between internal stakeholders and the occasional external partner or vendor
- A track record of learning new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to manage a wide variety of projects simultaneously
- Experience in business, technical or related life science field
- Demonstrated multi-stakeholder project management success, preferably within a regulated industry
- A track record of turning ambiguity into organization – hello Gantt charts!
Feeling over or under qualified but still think we’re cool? Have a specialty that doesn’t quite line up with this posting? We are recruiting at a number of levels for all sorts of specialties: Check out our career page at https://dxs.ai/about/careers/current-openings/
Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor an immigration case for employment at this time (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration cases).