Software Engineer (Remote)
Digital Diagnostics is looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing team of engineers to build the next generation of FDA cleared medical device software!
Our flagship product is the artificial intelligence algorithm where it is the computer, not the physician, diagnosing patients. Built on a series of patented machine learning algorithms, our FDA cleared software platform detects early signs of diabetic retinopathy, a debilitating eye disease that impacts the 30+ million people with diabetes in the US. We are using everything we’ve learned from IDx-DR to expand our artificial intelligence platform to help patients by detecting diseases like skin cancer. This expansion is critically enabled by our efforts in the healthcare IT space, through EHR integrations, platform connections, and analytics. Now we need to expand our team of highly skilled and motivated team members to help us change healthcare for the better.
Working for Digital Diagnostics offers you the opportunity to:
- Work with world-renowned computer scientists and clinicians who are pushing the limits of artificial intelligence, computer vision, and machine learning in medicine.
- Tackle complex challenges and projects with the highest levels of quality and execution for audiences that include top technologists, the FDA, and world-leading healthcare providers.
- Push the accessibility and quality of healthcare to new heights to improve the lives of millions of people.
Are you someone who:
- Has your team’s back and is willing to jump into any problem
- Enjoys delighting the customer
- Goes all in, learns from their mistakes, and has fun doing it
Then apply to be our next Software Engineer!
Qualifications (aka this is what we will ask about in your interview):
- Good communication skills and a willingness to learn
- A track record of learning new technologies
- Some experience with unit testing frameworks, tools, and methodologies and a desire to learn more about them
- Interest in SaMD (software as a medical device – if you know, you know) and working in regulated software environments such as ISO or FDA (don’t let this scare you – we have a lot of automation).
This is a permanently remote position. We have engineers across the United States in many different time zones. We are committed to hiring the best engineers no matter where they reside, so location is not factored into compensation. But if you ever long for the comradery of a shared workspace, we have offices in Chicago, Boston and Iowa and would be happy to have you there!
Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor an immigration case for employment at this time (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration cases).